April 18, 2019, Thursday
9:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Workforce Professionals Training Institute
11 Park Place, Suite 701
New York, NY 10007
This training has no registration fee, however this training registration is only open to staff from programs contracted under NYC Department of Youth & Community Development (NYC DYCD). Registrants will be asked to provide their program’s NYC DYCD contract name and number in the registration form. If you are not a NYC DYCD provider and interested in this program, please contact Saki Mori at email@example.com
Workforce professionals are increasingly being called upon to lead workshops for participants from diverse backgrounds. Designing and implementing dynamic and empowering workshops requires staff to be equipped with effective training design and facilitation methods. This hands-on workshop will teach the principles of workforce development instruction and will prepare participants with the strategies and resources necessary to create a learning environment that is safe, respectful, challenging, and engaging of multiple learner styles.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the essential traits of an effective facilitator and the elements of workshop design;
- Identify different approaches for customizing workshops to support academic, industry, and employability standards;
- Create a lesson plan using strategies and techniques from the lesson;
- Know training methods that engage a variety of learning styles; and
- Build trust and rapport to create a classroom environment that is safe, enjoyable, and conductive to learning.
Career Coaches, Employment Counselors/Case Managers, Employment Educators and Employment Trainers, Front-Line Managerial Staff, Life Skills Instructors/Facilitators, Program Managers, Retention Specialists, Vocational Counselors and Certified Vocational Rehabilitation Counselors (CRCs), and Workshop Facilitators
Sabeen Pirani, WPTI Director of Training