January 18, 2018, Thursday
Workforce Professionals Training Institute
11 Park Place, Suite 701 Conference Room
New York, New York 10007
This training is made possible by funding from DYCD, and is available at no cost to CBOs with which DYCD contracts for its Out of School Youth (OSY) and In-School Youth (ISY) Programs.
This training course is a highly interactive course designed for new supervisors who want to grow their management skills fast – and get on the fast track to achieving leadership success. Becoming a new supervisor means increased responsibilities, taking on greater challenges, relating to colleagues in different ways, and acquiring new leadership skills.
Many first-time supervisors are often unprepared for the demands of this new role. The leap from worker to supervisor can be a daunting task that often leaves staff feeling anxious, overwhelmed, isolated and stressed. This training will cover proven management techniques and practical strategies you need to become a stronger, more confident leader.
- Leadership fundamentals and issues all new supervisors/managers face;
- Overcoming the initial fears and anxieties of supervising others;
- Developing your personal leadership strengths;
- Communication techniques that earn the trust and respect of team members, peers, and managers;
- Fostering a culture of cooperation and collaboration among employees and peers;
- Managing your time, priorities and projects to increase productivity;
- Building and motivating your team; and
- Developing an action plan for your first 90-120 days.
First-time Managers, High Potential Employees on Management Track
This training is only for staff from programs which DYCD contracts for its Out of School Youth (OSY) and and In-School Youth (ISY) Programs.
Sabeen Pirani, Director of Training, Workforce Professionals Training Institute