January 27, 2020, Monday
WPTI is excited to present the sixth year of the Job Development Learning Group for workforce development practitioners focused on job development and employer engagement. This year the program will kick-off in February and conclude with the culmination session in May.
If you are interested in the program, please complete and submit the application form. Your supervisor must also complete and submit the recommendation form. Both forms are due to WPTI by Monday, January 27.
There is $125 materials fee.
Once accepted applicants confirm that they will participate in the program, this materials fee will be due. The materials fee will be invoiced to the confirmed applicant’s organization, and can be paid by company check or credit card.
For any questions, please contact:
Jennifer Pierre, Director of Consulting (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Saki Mori, Director of Operations (email@example.com).
Workforce Professional Training Institute (WPTI) is honored to launch the Job Development Learning Group (JDLG). JDLG is a rigorous cohort-based training program, designed to equip and empower job developers with skills that best meet the needs of employer partners and program participants. Select topic areas will include business development, understanding employer engagement, establishing partnerships, utilizing social media as a platform to connect with employers and utilizing Labor Market Intelligence (LMI) to effectively identify suitable sectors for their organization while strategizing through evidence-based practices.
As a participant, frontline workforce development practitioners are offered an unparalleled opportunity to develop peer-to-peer networks and gain the competencies necessary to become stronger job developers. Participants will also work towards increasing their employment and internship opportunities for job seekers, by learning how to engage employers and maintain mutually beneficial partnerships within the New York City community.
Specific Competencies to Be Developed
- Recruiting businesses/employers of all sizes
- Using Labor Market Intelligence (LMI)
- Developing relationships and maintaining employer contacts
- Creating opportunities for initial positions and those for career ladders
- Making sales presentations to businesses in order to teach, inform, or persuade
- Customizing services to meet the needs of different employers and specific sectors
JDLG Program Dates
- JDLG Kick-Off Event – February 11, 2020 | 9:30 am – 1:30 pm (For cohort members and their supervisors)
- First Convening: March 10, 2020| 9:30am – 4:30pm (For cohort members)
- Second Convening: March 11, 2020| 9:30am – 4:30pm (For cohort members)
- Third Convening: April 21, 2020| 9:30am – 4:30pm (For cohort members)
- Fourth Convening: April 22, 2020| 9:30am – 4:30pm (For cohort members)
- Culmination Event: May 19, 2020 | 9:30 am – 1:30 pm (For cohort members and their supervisors)