February 07, 2018, Wednesday
9:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Workforce Professionals Training Institute
11 Park Place
New York, New York 10007
Standard Fee: $215.00
Workforce professionals are increasingly being called upon to lead workshops for participants from diverse backgrounds. Designing and implementing dynamic and empowering workshops requires staff to be equipped with effective training design and facilitation methods. This hands-on workshop will teach the principles of workforce development instruction and will prepare participants with the strategies and resources necessary to create a learning environment that is safe, respectful, challenging, and engaging of multiple learner styles.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the essential traits of an effective facilitator and the elements of workshop design;
- Identify different approaches for customizing workshops to support academic, industry, and employability standards;
- Create a lesson plan using strategies and techniques from the lesson;
- Know training methods that engage a variety of learning styles;
- Build trust and rapport to create a classroom environment that is safe, enjoyable, and conductive to learning.
Career Coaches, Employment Counselors/Case Managers, Employment Educators and Employment Trainers, Front-Line Managerial Staff, Life Skills Instructors/Facilitators, Program Managers, Retention Specialists, Vocational Counselors and Certified Vocational Rehabilitation Counselors (CRCs), and Workshop Facilitators
Sabeen Pirani, Director of Training, WPTI
Interested in registering a group?
If you would like to register a group to participate in this training, please contact Saki Mori, Office Manager, WPTI, for updated registration policy and to register staff. You may contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org or 646-278-5685.
Are you a provider site for a DYCD program?
Please note this training is not specific to DYCD providers and has a fee. For DYCD providers, we do offer a special registration rate. Please contact Saki Mori prior to registration for the policy and fee information at email@example.com.