April 25, 2018, Wednesday
Workforce Professionals Training Institute
11 Park Place, Suite 701 Conference Room
New York, New York 10007
This training is made possible by funding from DYCD, and is available at no cost to CBOs with which DYCD contracts for any of its contracts/programs.
As Workforce Practitioners well know, career pathways for young people often begin with exposure to the workplace along with meaningful relationships with positive adults. This series of trainings is designed to help connect your participants to the most high-impact Work-Based Learning experiences. Using the Work-Based Learning Toolkit, specifically designed for Youth and Young Adult Workforce Development Providers, as a foundation, each session will focus on two types of work-based learning and how to incorporate them into your program.
These trainings can be taken individually, or you can register for all four sessions. The other three sessions are:
- First Session: Workplace Tours and Internships February 28, 2018; 10am-4pm
- Second Session: Job Shadowing and Workplace Challenges March 14, 2018; 10am-4pm
- Fourth Session: Guest Speakers and Informational Interviews May 10, 2018; 10am-4pm
As a result of participating, you will:
- Deepen your understanding of the Career Development Continuum in Work Based Learning;
- Learn ways to best prepare youth and young adults to maximize their work-based learning experiences;
- Know how to get started implementing specific activities and quality measures for work-based learning experiences; and
- Have an action plan for implementation.
Internship Coordinators, Job Developers/Account Managers, Case Managers, Career Coaches, Program Leadership
Natalie Wright, Training & Projects Consultant, Workforce Professionals Training Institute