November 28, 2018, Wednesday
9:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Workforce Professionals Training Institute
11 Park Place
New York, New York 10007
This training has no registration fee, however this training registration is only open to staff from programs contracted under NYC Department of Youth & Community Development (NYC DYCD). Registrants will be asked to provide their program’s NYC DYCD contract name and number in the registration form. If you are not a NYC DYCD provider and interested in this program, please contact Saki Mori at email@example.com
As a job developer, matching job seekers to the right opportunities is daunting enough, right? Businesses are equally, if not more, overwhelmed by the task of recruitment. In this course, you’ll learn about the job development continuum, how to effectively understand employers’ needs, get new business, make the right placement matches, and begin to build loyalty among business customers. With lessons from business development pros, you’ll come away from this training with a better understanding of how businesses think, and why they need you as much as you need them.
In this course, participants will:
- Gain an essential understanding of what account management is and how to approach your role with a business-focused mindset;
- Understand the necessary basic competencies needed to be successful at connecting and retaining employer relationships;
- Gain an understanding of how to develop your personal competitive edge;
- Learn new strategies for prospecting new business accounts;
- Address and overcome business objections and concerns; and
- Develop basic business retention strategies.
Early to mid-career Job Developers, Employment Specialists, Work Readiness Trainers, Account Managers, Business Development Managers
Sabeen Pirani, WPTI Director of Training