Since its founding in 2004, Workforce Professionals Training Institute (WPTI) has become the preeminent non-profit training and technical assistance intermediary for New York City’s workforce development community. The organization has trained thousands of workforce practitioners from over 350 programs and organizations that collectively serve over 500,000 jobseekers. As a standalone, non-political organization, WPTI provides an inclusive bridge among providers, funders and government agencies that contribute to building NYC’s workforce.
WPTI’s mission is to increase the effectiveness of people, programs, and organizations that are committed to generating pathways out of poverty through employment. This is accomplished through a three-tiered approach which strengthens capacity at all levels of the workforce development system: 1) Professional Training: Develop the skills and careers of practitioners; 2) Organizational Consulting: Maximize productivity of programs and teams; and 3) Systems Building: Create linkages, foster research and influence funding and best practice priorities
WPTI is now seeking a graduate intern for the Spring 2019 semester.
Candidate Profile | Competencies | Personal Qualities
- Enrollment in a graduate program of study, including social science disciplines (e.g., Sociology, Political Science, Organizational Psychology), public administration, or public policy
- Experience conducting literature reviews or assessing and consolidating information from a broad array of sources
- An interest or prior experience in human services, specifically the field the workforce development field, including best practices and emerging trends and public policy influencing the field
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite, including PowerPoint and Excel
- Self-motivated and performance driven personality
- A highly collaborative work-style with a strong commitment to teamwork
Key | Essential Responsibilities
- Provide day to day administrative support to the Directors (Practice Leaders) of the Consulting and Training Practice areas of WPTI
- Assist with training logistics, room set-up, copying materials, etc.; assist with maintaining up to date client records
- Assist with logistics and administrative tasks associated with consulting projects
- Create graphics, PowerPoints, and other visuals for internal and external presentation to providers, program participants and funders
- Provide exceptional customer service to all external and internal customers
- Collaborate with Administrative & Operations Manager to coordinate social media posts, press releases, promotion of events, and the production of other written collaterals and published reports
- Contribute to market research and information gathering to support existing and potential consulting and training initiatives
- Assist in conducting research on policy issues and best practices in the field and remain up to date on relevant information, data and emerging trends impacting the current and future planning of programs and initiatives intersecting the areas of workforce development and economic development
WPTI Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
WPTI is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment respecting for difference, and fairness, and guaranteeing the same rights to all its employees to ensure the fullest degree of success within the organization. WPTI provides equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religious creed, color, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or other personal characteristics as may be protected by applicable law.
To express an interest in this opportunity, please forward a copy of your cover letter, resume, and a writing sample to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify “Consulting and Training Graduate Internship” in the subject line.