The Workforce Field Building Hub at the Workforce Professionals Training Institute (WPTI) is excited to launch the inaugural Workforce Systems Leadership Program (WSLP) in partnership with Coro New York.
The Workforce Field Building Hub at the Workforce Professionals Training Institute is excited to launch the inaugural Workforce Systems Leadership Program (WSLP) in partnership with Coro New York.The workforce development field is experiencing unprecedented change. To successfully manage change in the current environment, the field needs skillful and collaborative cross-sector leaders. Through the WSLP, we will prepare senior leaders to use their skills, expertise, and networks to:
- Respond to the changing workforce development landscape
- Drive innovative practices
- Improve service delivery for low-income NYC residents seeking employment and career advancement opportunities
For more information, or to apply for the program, please visit: https://coronewyork.org/coro-programs/workforce-systems-leadership-program/
Who Should Apply?
We are seeking a highly talented, multi-diverse, cross-sector cohort of approximately 25 senior workforce professionals who are interested in expanding their leadership capacity. We encourage changemakers from all backgrounds to apply, including but not limited to:
- Community-based organizations
- Government agencies
- Post-secondary and career and technical education institutions
- Public libraries
- Work for a NYC-based organization supporting workforce development in low-t0-moderate income communities
- Serve in a senior leadership role and are leading change on behalf of their organization around workforce development
- Have at least five years of experience in the workforce development field
- Have a passion and curiosity about developing new leadership skills germane to problem-solving in New York City
- Are interested in joining the Coro community and alumni network
The program runs from June 2019 through March 2020.
For more information, or to apply, please visit: https://coronewyork.org/coro-programs/workforce-systems-leadership-program/
The Workforce Systems Leadership Program is generously supported by the Ira W. DeCamp Foundation; JPMorgan Chase & Co.; the Mizuho USA Foundation; and the New York City Department of Small Business Service.