December 13, 2017, Wednesday
9:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Workforce Professionals Training Institute
11 Park Place
New York, New York 10007
Standard Fee: $215.00
Each one of your participants has their own story. Before enrolling in your program, they may have only imagined their life experiences as barriers to success. Although these experiences may be the basis for resistance, the same experiences also have the potential to propel them into job placement and self-sufficiency. This training will address strategies to help you transform resistance into economic self-sufficiency for your job seekers.
In this workshop you will:
- Identify the unique potential and opportunities in job seekers’ past and present experiences;
- Develop specific strategies to manage resistance and shift a job seeker’s mindset to one that is focused on strengths and opportunities;
- Practice strategies to effectively engage job seekers in work readiness;
- Share best practices and new ideas from field practitioners; and
- Access useful resources to help reinforce a strengths-based approach and shift from resistance to active and positive engagement.
Career Coaches, Case Managers, Facilitators, Job Developers, Program Directors, Retention Specialists, Work Readiness Instructors
Oma Holloway, Training & Projects Consultant
Interested in registering a group?
If you would like to register a group to participate in this training, please contact Saki Mori, Office Manager, WPTI, for updated registration policy and to register staff. You may contact her at email@example.com or 646-278-5685.
Are you a provider site for a DYCD program?
Please note this training is not specific to DYCD providers and has a fee. For DYCD providers, we do offer a special registration rate. Please contact Saki Mori prior to registration for the policy and fee information at firstname.lastname@example.org.