July 18, 2017, Tuesday
9:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Workforce Professionals Training Institute
11 Park Place
New York, New York 10007
Standard Fee: $215.00
Retention is central to the mission of workforce development, and is a strategy that goes beyond collecting paystubs and distributing MetroCards. A successful retention strategy requires a comprehensive approach that effectively empowers job seekers to manage their job search, take charge of their career advancement, and obtain economic stability. In this training you will learn how to infuse the message of retention into every aspect of your program from day one and implement real working strategies for the four distinct areas of retention outcomes:
- Program retention
- Employment retention
- Engagement after placement
- Long-term self-sufficiency
- Strengthening connections between practitioners and job seekers;
- Offering services that keep job seekers engaged;
- Creating a high-performance environment that promotes and supports long-term self-sufficiency;
- Implementing retention rewards and incentives that work (low-cost or free); and
- Communicating effectively with social media to retain participants after graduation and job placement.
Employment Counselors/Case Managers, Employment Educators and Employment Trainers, Job Developers, Retention Specialists, Work Readiness Trainers/Instructors, Workshop Facilitators, Career Coaches, Life Skills Instructors/Facilitators, Employment Specialists
Interested in registering a group?
If you would like to register a group to participate in this training, please contact Saki Mori, Office Manager, WPTI, for updated registration policy and to register staff. You may contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org or 646-278-5685.
Are you a provider site for a DYCD program?
If you are a DYCD provider, please contact Saki Mori, Office Manager, WPTI, for updated registration policy and to register staff. You may contact her at email@example.com or 646-278-5685.