November 09, 2017, Thursday
Workforce Professionals Training Institute
11 Park Place
New York, New York 10007
Standard Fee: $215
This training course is a highly interactive course designed for new supervisors who want to grow their management skills fast – and get on the fast track to achieving leadership success. Becoming a new supervisor means increased responsibilities, taking on greater challenges, relating to colleagues in different ways, and acquiring new leadership skills.
Many first-time supervisors are often unprepared for the demands of this new role. The leap from worker to supervisor can be a daunting task that often leaves staff feeling anxious, overwhelmed, isolated and stressed. This training will cover proven management techniques and practical strategies you need to become a stronger, more confident leader.
- Leadership fundamentals and issues all new supervisors/managers face;
- Overcoming the initial fears and anxieties of supervising others;
- Developing your personal leadership strengths;
- Communication techniques that earn the trust and respect of team members, peers, and managers;
- Fostering a culture of cooperation and collaboration among employees and peers;
- Managing your time, priorities and projects to increase productivity;
- Building and motivating your team; and
- Developing an action plan for your first 90-120 days.
First-time Managers, High Potential Employees on Management Track
Interested in registering a group?
If you would like to register a group to participate in this training, please contact Saki Mori, Office Manager, WPTI, for updated registration policy and to register staff. You may contact her at email@example.com or 646-278-5685.
Are you a provider site for a DYCD program?
Please note this training is not specific to DYCD providers and has a fee. For DYCD providers, we do offer a special registration rate. Please contact Saki Mori prior to registration for the policy and fee information at firstname.lastname@example.org.